Sunday, March 4, 2007

John Fogerty at the Oinker's ForumCo . . .

..
. . . Closed but to the selected few?



Looks like the little self-serving circle-jerk has been closed off to anyone Oinker wishes to gossip about behind their back ...

Gee ... I'm not surprised in the least ...

What I find so interesting is the fact that they all were so intent on knowing my personal background and name, but are so damn worried about their own
personal backgrounds being kept sacred ...


Member Login
Member Login
Your username and/or password was incorrect.
Login:
Username:
Password:
Save Password


Login Questions:

Do I have to register?
Forgot your Password?

Not a member?
The Administrator has turned off Registration for this forum.
Only registered members are able to log in

John Fogerty Fans hosted by "Seen The Rain"

But before the head Oinker in charge shut the board ... the following was captured...





Author Topic

Digache
Newbie


29 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2006 : 19:53:37


Apparently he went after the moderator. I guess he is as stupid as I thought he was. Beleive it or not, I will be a little sorry to see him go. I liked arguing with the guy. He could be a challenge some times and would really get pissed when ya nailed him to the mat.

NotWalkinBlind
Forum Elder



Bermuda
300 Posts


Posted - 12/15/2006 : 23:53:21



quote:
Originally posted by Digache

Apparently he went after the moderator. I guess he is as stupid as I thought he was. Beleive it or not, I will be a little sorry to see him go. I liked arguing with the guy. He could be a challenge some times and would really get pissed when ya nailed him to the mat.



He was stupid, alright. Everyone saw why Leon was banned... so Larry verbally assaults the mod and thinks he won't get banned?

Shucks, maybe he wanted to get banned because he was outta gas... this takes a lot of pressure off him, you know?

But, dude... please tell me you're kidding that you liked arguing with him. He would never argue/discuss anything... just post long crap and snide remarks. His presence there had way more negatives than positives. Think about it.

After learning he was banned, I went over and looked in the NSA/Right to Privacy thread because I was looking for something TopCard said, and I was looking around in the last 4 - 6 pages of that thread when we had some substantive discourse going on... with LadyLodi, Leon, and Waltane. Reading that stuff made me think Waltane isn't Larry... but he might be Kev.

Anyway, it was really bothersome how Larry kept jumping in, posting more pasted diatribes/articles and trying to get the focus back on him and his constitutional confrontationalist crap. And he kept telling Leon to stop feeding the troll (me).

Here's TC's thing I was looking for... he was addressing LadyLodi, referring to Larry's shenannigans...
______________________________________________________

LL... you would find MANY people here willing & able to discuss & debate ANY issue with you... but it does have to be THAT...NOT just more personal attacks, name-calling & belittling another's views (just because you disagree) rather than addressing the merits of those views (or lack thereof).

If you start out a post with a personal attack, (or your replies deteriorate to personal attacks) don't you think it's a bit much to expect further reasoned debate from the person you've attacked?

If you state a position that you subscribe to and someone ASKS you for a detail or three ABOUT that position, don't expect further reasoned debate if YOU refuse to answer legitimate questions specifically ABOUT what YOU have posted.

After all, it is no longer discussion or debate if all one wants to do is post an op-ed & then just personally attack anyone who challenges it.



Give us a bottle of your finest champagne, five shrimp cocktails, and some bread for my brother.



Edited by - NotWalkinBlind on 12/15/2006 23:58:29

Go to Top of Page

Digache
Newbie



29 Posts


Posted - 12/16/2006 : 05:13:34



Yeah, sorry NWB, arguing was not the right word. I just liked pulling his chain on a routine basis cuz he was such a jack ass. Me and Top Card have had some great laughs over the phone at his expense from some of the stuff written over there.

Go to Top of Page

NotWalkinBlind
Forum Elder



Bermuda
300 Posts


Posted - 12/16/2006 : 10:34:45

Yeah, I enjoyed yanking his chain, too... especially recently. Before, he almost seemed to let it roll of his back like... well, you know. But lately, he seemed more affected by it.

Do y'all think there was something about my particular style that drove him batty?



Give us a bottle of your finest champagne, five shrimp cocktails, and some bread for my brother.



Edited by - NotWalkinBlind on 12/16/2006 10:37:48
Go to Top of Page

Digache
Newbie



29 Posts


Posted - 12/16/2006 : 15:10:03

Not necessarily. You were just fresh, direct and to the point. you picked up on his MO quickly and nailed him. The other conservatives on that board had been battling him for a long time. I told TC on the phone several months ago if we just kept it up he would self destruct. guess I was right. I think when you showed up on the scene it was just to many fronts to battle and he couldnt handle it any longer.

I am just gonna miss messin with him about Duck Dodgers and the 24 1/2 cenury thing and the five "d's" of posting. I liked exposing his methods on the board.
Go to Top of Page

topcard
Amateur



USA
136 Posts


Posted - 12/18/2006 : 08:09:00



Did anyone actually read Larry's attack on the moderator? I'm curious.

Go to Top of Page

seentherain
Forum Admin



Swaziland
309 Posts


Posted - 12/18/2006 : 09:07:12



I didn't... was it on the forum or via PM?

Go to Top of Page

NotWalkinBlind
Forum Elder



Bermuda
300 Posts


Posted - 12/18/2006 : 09:37:44

I assumed it was a PM... seems like the mod would've said something like "as some of you saw..." in his Great Purge message if Larry had put it on the forum.

Plus, as stupid as Larry was by verbally assaulting the mod, he wouldn't want the whole board to see what he said.

I'm more and more prone to think Larry martyred himself... he knew he would continue to be hammered if he kept up his schtick, and I think he just gave up. So, by keeping his assault private, he could maintain a tiny bit of credibility with people who know him personally and like him.


Give us a bottle of your finest champagne, five shrimp cocktails, and some bread for my brother.


Edited by - NotWalkinBlind on 12/18/2006 09:38:47
Go to Top of Page

NotWalkinBlind
Forum Elder



Bermuda
300 Posts


Posted - 12/18/2006 : 11:45:34

got a PM from CCR_Fan:

Re: donna/donald/whatever

Though I sppreciate you giving me the heads up on him, please stop even mentioning the guy.

The more you can do to move on, the better. It gives him less ammo to create his alternate personalities and helps to show that the political section is moving on.

thanks
================================

I wonder if that means the mod knows it's Larry.


Give us a bottle of your finest champagne, five shrimp cocktails, and some bread for my brother.

Go to Top of Page

topcard
Amateur



USA
136 Posts


Posted - 12/18/2006 : 21:25:05

It really doesn't matter if you think about it. I suspect that "civility" will be the order of the day around those parts, so whether its "Donna" or waltane or kev or penny-lawyer, I suspect that shenanigans like larry's & kev's (or fid's for that matter) will no longer be tolerated.


Go to Top of Page

seentherain
Forum Admin



Swaziland
309 Posts


Posted - 12/18/2006 : 22:12:34

Good... that's music to my ears.

Donna is Larry's wife. If you google "Larry_the_Duck" you'll find his profile which he posted on Amazon.com... he says his wife's name is Donna and she's a special ed teacher.


Go to Top of Page

Chooglin
Member



USA
140 Posts


Posted - 12/18/2006 : 22:28:39

Does Larry drive the short bus or is he a passenger?

There's a DJ from a radio station out on Long Island that goes by the name of Larry the Duck. I was wondering if there was any connection because where do you make up a name like that? Then I didn't think it was him so I didn't post it, but now I am.

Larry is in California or he says he is? Was that his real picture that's been posted a couple of times of some old looking hippie?

Go to Top of Page

seentherain
Forum Admin



Swaziland
309 Posts


Posted - 12/19/2006 : 07:33:14


That looks like the photo he had posted on his myspace page... Scarecrow and I found it once after spending some quality "google" time with the net. I was always afraid to go back to it because I didn't know if he could get my IP address and post where I work.. Apparently, it's not above him.

He LOOKS like a fun dude to hang out with until he opens his mouth.
Go to Top of Page

Chooglin
Member



USA
140 Posts


Posted - 12/19/2006 : 09:12:19



I found that picture by just googling "old hippies" because I was looking for a picture of some old grey haired pony tailed guy for something else. Don't ask.

Go to Top of Page

seentherain
Forum Admin



Swaziland
309 Posts


Posted - 12/19/2006 : 09:35:55


Here's his myspace page. I haven't been to it since that first time because I don't know if myspace shows Larry the ISP of the people who check out his blog:

www.myspace.com/oldestroadieleftstanding

Go to Top of Page

Scarecrow
Head Honcho



Liechtenstein
154 Posts


Posted - 12/19/2006 : 10:31:29

.. "Larry" is his actual name .. and he was an old roadie .. his son is the drum tech for John Molo .. John Molo still plays in "jam bands" on the west coast .. and when googling .. there is a Larry The Duck DJ .. but also we found "Larry The Duck" on some other political blog websites .. a recording equipment website .. and a jam band website ... I also found his last name ... and even though I don't like the guy .. I won't post it .. cause I think everyone should have their right to privacy .. yeah, seems he would be fun guy to hang out with .. he's made a few "normal" humanistc overtures in the other Fogerty forums ... I'm sure he's got some great road stories .. but he's an @ss when it comes to posting politics and how he impugns others .. I don't know why MudV9 is suggesting we quit "swiping" at him .. tought sh!t .. Duck gives out the bad "vibe" ... he damn sure needs to "take it" and he's getting "payback" ..




.. yeah? .. so? ..
Go to Top of Page



Now there's some of the finest high-brow horseshit, or should I say pigshit, and gossip that anyone could ever read . . .

Bwahahahaha . . . . .
.
.

.

.

No comments: