Monday, December 18, 2006

The Proof is . . .

.
. . . in the Porcine's Pudding.


Here you will find a few of the higher class detractors and the primary troublemaker (second comment) discussing a little 'backup' of proof to what I originally said here about the Fogerty Moderator publicly posting the false and misleading statement for all to read in the General Discussion at the Fogerty Forum (check the date) ....

This discussion thread was retrieved from the ForumCo board:

John Fogerty Fans hosted by "Seen The Rain" (registration required)

Political Section

Author Topic

seentherain
Forum Admin


Swaziland
309 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2006 : 17:50:46



In case you didn't see CCR_Fan's recent post -- here it is. I'm telling you, I love this guy:

Larry The Duck has been banned until further notice. Everyone should stop and think before verbally assaulting the moderator or anyone else involved with Concord.

The Political section of this forum is a PRIVILEGE not a right. I ADDED THIS SECTION AND I WILL REMOVE IT WHEN I CHOOSE.

Civility will be restored to this section of the site, or it will be REMOVED PERMANENTLY. You can take your bickering elsewhere.

And if that 'elsewhere' ends up being on the General section, where people actually discuss JCF...you will be BANNED PERMANENTLY.

I'VE HAD ENOUGH.

THE MODERATOR

NotWalkinBlind
Forum Elder



Bermuda
300 Posts


Posted - 12/15/2006 : 23:38:15


Doncha just know Larry was berating the mod for not coming down on me... aka, helping him fight his battles? Ugh. Good riddance.

CCR_Fan did PM me and said he had banned Larry... and "don't give me a reason to ban you as well."

I assured him I wouldn't... and told him he had done a good thing for the forum.


Give us a bottle of your finest champagne, five shrimp cocktails, and some bread for my brother.


Edited by - NotWalkinBlind on 12/15/2006 23:39:38

Go to Top of Page

seentherain
Forum Admin



Swaziland
309 Posts


Posted - 12/16/2006 : 07:56:30


I PMed the moderator and asked him to delete all the threads in the political section so all of Larry's b.s. posts are gone... that way everybody can start "new" without him trashing the place. So, if all the posts in the political section --which are currently there-- are soon deleted, that was because I suggested it.


Go to Top of Page

Chooglin
Member



USA
140 Posts


Posted - 12/16/2006 : 08:55:55


What a coincidence this "pennylawyer" character turns up the same time that the duck is dismissed.



Quack! AFLACCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC!!!


Go to Top of Page

seentherain
Forum Admin



Swaziland
309 Posts


Posted - 12/16/2006 : 09:01:17


I'm always suspect of ANYBODY who comes on the board asking for sympathy...
Does anybody find it odd that I had foot surgery last year -- and that I'm a lawyer... and now "pennylawyer" is too? odd, to say the least.. but I'll watch in the background for a while.

Go to Top of Page

NotWalkinBlind
Forum Elder



Bermuda
300 Posts


Posted - 12/16/2006 : 10:15:23
Rainy, I wish you hadn't asked the mod to delete anything in the political forum, because there was a lot of decent stuff there.

And also, I think it's good thing for people to be able to see what kind of crap Larry perpetrated over there, because hopefully it won't occur again.

Choog, couldn't the mod ban Larry by ISP number so he doesn't come back with another ID? I think you or someone here said recently about that being easier to do if someone is not on a computer at their job... seems like I've gathered that Larry is retired... so, couldn't he be easily banned by ISP number?




Give us a bottle of your finest champagne, five shrimp cocktails, and some bread for my brother.

Edited by - NotWalkinBlind on 12/16/2006 10:22:14

Go to Top of Page

NotWalkinBlind
Forum Elder



Bermuda
300 Posts


Posted - 12/16/2006 : 11:14:04


quote:
Originally posted by seentherain

Does anybody find it odd that I had foot surgery last year -- and that I'm a lawyer... and now "pennylawyer" is too? odd, to say the least.. but I'll watch in the background for a while.

I find the new poster "Donna Just Watching" (with just one post so far) in the "the great purge" thread to be much more suspicious. The profile looks legit and believeable until you think about it; it allows this person to exist without participating... or just participating minimally with emoticons like that first post.

Think about it... if it's Larry, it's the perfect chickensh!t way for him to snipe, etc.

Plus, "Donna" starts with a "D" same as "Duck," sounds like "Donald," which is very duckish, plus it would be just like Larry to enjoy sending us a subtle message that he is watching us.


Give us a bottle of your finest champagne, five shrimp cocktails, and some bread for my brother.


Edited by - NotWalkinBlind on 12/16/2006 11:18:08

Go to Top of Page

Chooglin
Member



USA
140 Posts


Posted - 12/16/2006 : 23:28:03


When you connect with your ISP, Internet Service Provider, you're assigned an IP number, Internet Protocol number, while you're connected to the internet. You may not get the exact same number every time you log in. The first couple of numbers are assigned to the ISP like AOL, Earthlink, etc., so if you do a search, it'll show the user is connected through AOL, Earthlink, etc. If they ban an IP number, it could be possible he gets the same IP number and won't be able to logon using another name. I don't think the moderator wants to bother with all that. It's easier to just keep banning names and have the member keep having to register new names until they get tired of doing it.

I think duck is computer savy enough to be able to get around that anyway. I have DSL, but I also have a dialup option in case the DSL is down or I'm out of town and need to use dialup from another location. In that case, I would get different IP numbers. There's also IP spoofing programs that hide your IP number so the number you would normally get is different. If I enter my IP number, it shows I'm in California while I'm actually in New York. I said earlier, if your company has a static IP number, then you're always assigned that number and you can see who owns it.

This is rather lengthy, so here's the link about IP addresses.

http://whatis.techtarget.com/definition/0,289893,sid9_gci520967,00.html


Go to Top of Page

Chooglin
Member



USA
140 Posts


Posted - 12/17/2006 : 00:09:48


This is from ezboard. It explains about banning a member. The problem with banning an IP number or a range of numbers is that you may be including other members as well. What do we call that, collateral damage?

Banning

To help keep out unwanted lurkers and posters we have created several ways for you to ban a user from your ezboard community. You can ban by IP address, email address or username in your Control Center.

Key Information

* Banning a user from your community also prevents them from viewing it (when that user is logged in).

* When you ban a username, it also bans the email address associated with that username (the email address is kept private).

* Banning an IP address or IP range can prevent more than just the banned user from posting and viewing. Often users share an ISP (AOL) and also an IP address when connecting to the Internet so you will need to be careful of this when using the IP ban.


Go to Top of Page

NotWalkinBlind
Forum Elder



Bermuda
300 Posts


Posted - 12/17/2006 : 20:26:18


Thanks for taking the time to spell that out, Choog. Does look like they've only banned him officially... unofficially, he's still free to roam at will, huh?

"It's easier to just keep banning names and have the member keep having to register new names until they get tired of doing it."

And, as we all know, Larry would be willing to sign up under a different name 14 times a day... so... he's not gone. Not by a long shot.


Give us a bottle of your finest champagne, five shrimp cocktails, and some bread for my brother.

Go to Top of Page

barefootgirl1952
Newbie



USA
48 Posts


Posted - 12/18/2006 : 09:53:08


I'm thinking Christmas came early this year.


Go to Top of Page

NotWalkinBlind
Forum Elder



Bermuda
300 Posts


Posted - 12/18/2006 : 10:19:11


LOL !!!!

Question: did any of y'all come close to sending Larry a congratulatory PM?


Give us a bottle of your finest champagne, five shrimp cocktails, and some bread for my brother.



Go to Top of Page





.

.

No comments: